Encounter is an educational organization committed to informed, courageous, and resilient Jewish communal leadership on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. We educate and equip Jewish communal and civil society leaders with the experiences, networks, and resources they need to proactively and positively shape their constituents’ engagement with Israel as it relates to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
The primary role of the Operations Manager is to manage operational and administrative functions for the organization. The successful candidate will partner with the COO in leading operational and financial management and reporting and work closely with the leadership of the organization to ensure key priorities of the organization are focused on expeditiously and intentionally, driving the organization forward further, faster.
The Operations Manager must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission- and results-driven, and community-oriented. They must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. They will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Manage office administration, including: retrieving and sorting mail, forwarding voice messages to appropriate staff, filing documents and materials, maintaining office calendars and records, assisting with website updates, supporting mass email communications, managing time off reporting, and preparing documents, reports and presentations in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and their Google counterparts.
- Support financial administration, including: liaising with COO, accounting firm and Jerusalem Office Administrator on reporting and management, preparation of accurate bank reconciliations and deposits, and supporting annual audit, all with a focus on timeliness, accuracy, and appropriate backup.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the leadership of the organization including: managing extremely active calendars of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, and compiling documents for meetings.
- Partner with development staff to support administrative tasks associated with individual giving, new grant requests, grants received and other development work, including recording in Salesforce, creating and sending acknowledgment letters, and other appropriate follow-up.
- Support Salesforce operation, including serving as internal administrator of Salesforce system and partnering with consulting firm on implementation of updates. Become expert on system, training and supporting staff to use it to maximum capacity.
- Support Board operations, including serving as the Executive Team’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors. Prepare meeting agendas and supporting materials, capture minutes, and create action lists for board meetings, ensuring timely distribution to all necessary parties.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Radical candor is a principle of engagement at Encounter. The successful employee must possess a strong sense of self and be able to meet moments of pressure with centeredness and a generosity of spirit.
- Highly resourceful self-starter, with the ability to take initiative and be effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to various competing demands.
- Flexibility, warmth, grace under pressure.
- Passion, humility, a sense of humor, integrity, resilience, and a positive attitude.
- Strong proficiency with Salesforce. Salesforce administrator experience is a huge plus.
- Design and communication skills are welcomed.
Salary & Benefits:
$50,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience. Very competitive benefits package, including 100% medical insurance coverage plus 50% coverage for eligible dependents. Generous vacation package and holiday schedule. Flexible work environment.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter indicating why you think you are the right fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who will be interviewed can expect a response within 2-3 weeks. Please, no phone calls.
The start date for this role will be in June, 2021.
Encounter is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.