ABOUT ENCOUNTER: Encounter is a non-partisan educational organization cultivating more nuanced, informed and constructive Jewish leadership on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. To learn more, visit www.encounterprograms.org
The Jerusalem-based Office Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day smooth and efficient functioning of all Jerusalem office activities and maintaining the infrastructure of our Jerusalem-based operations serving as this office’s chief problem solver. Reporting to Encounter’s COO (based in NY) the Office Administrator is responsible for all administrative and financial oversight of the organization’s field programs, as well as day to day office management, including supplies, equipment and facilities maintenance. The Office Administrator will coordinate communications with all Israel, West Bank and East-Jerusalem based external vendors, including our legal and accounting firms, bank, and auditors, while also working closely with Encounter’s New York-based Office Manager on financial reconciliations and budget reporting.
The successful candidate is a highly organized, detail-oriented, tech-savvy and independently motivated team player. This position demands meticulous attention to details, a knack for creating and maintaining systems, and rigorous follow-through. The Office Administrator is fluent in both English and Hebrew and can manage up and across effectively.
- Provide executive & administrative support for the Regional Director (including scheduling & confirming all appointments; submitting RD’s receipts; assisting with travel bookings; etc.)
- Oversee and procure office supplies and equipment
- Filing and record-keeping
- Facilities maintenance (rent, parking, copier, cleaning, repairs, IT assistance, etc.)
- Liaise/coordinate with external vendors including Jerusalem office-based services: landlord and building authorities, utilities, repairs, maintenance etc.
- Liaise/coordinate with legal team to ensure they have all documents and reports they need; schedule meetings as needed
The Jerusalem Office Administrator is responsible for all financial administration for the operations of the Jerusalem field office (includes all programs & office management).
- Build & ensure compliance with budgets for all field programs and Jerusalem office
- Regularly report to NY office manager
- Liaise with Israeli accounting firm regarding payroll for Israel-based staff; payments to tax & pension authorities; completion of annual reports to Israeli authorities
- Create and oversee payment plans and expense reports for each program
- Regularly monitor and report [on a monthly basis] on all Israeli bank account activity to Israeli accounting firm and/or NY office manager
- Request, receive & process wire transfers to Israeli bank account to ensure sufficient funds are on hand at all times
- Obtain and pay all invoices for field programs in a timely manner (via check, credit card, cash, wire transfer as relevant)
- Obtain and pay all vendor/provider invoices (rent, parking, utilities, repairs, copier, etc.)
- 5-7 years experience in administrative management role
- Highly detailed oriented; simultaneously able to keep big picture goals in focus
- Calm, centered demeanor
- Problem-solver and self-starter; can work independently and without a lot of handholding
- Able to juggle multiple deadlines and effectively manage up, down and across
- Fluent in both English and Hebrew
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – especially Excel, and GSuite – especially Google Sheets; proficient in creating expense reports
- Tech-savvy – proficient in learning and using new software and applications
- Preferred: experience using CRM (Salesforce) and database management
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter in English in PDF format and as separate attachments to email@example.com and indicate your name and “Office Administrator – Jerusalem” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Encounter. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Encounter is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, family status, sexual preference, status with regard to public assistance, mental or physical impairment, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.