Encounter is a non-partisan educational organization cultivating more nuanced, informed and constructive Jewish leadership on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. To learn more, visit www.encounterprograms.org
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is an opportunity to play an essential role in Encounter’s mission. As Leadership Engagement Associate you will ensure that the Encounter is able to engage the leaders best positioned to impact the discourse on Israel and the Palestinian-Israeli conflict in the American Jewish community. You will help create and shape a community of Encounter leaders that is over 300 strong and growing. You will be responsible for advancing and supporting all aspects of Encounter’s recruitment for our Leadership Intensive Seminars and all leadership engagement work throughout the year.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and detail oriented, goal driven, an independently motivated hard worker, able to build, cultivate and nurture relationships with high-level leaders. You must work well with others, communicate clearly effectively, and have the ability to manage a heavy information load and strict deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Facilitate the expansion of Encounter’s network of leaders by supporting all recruitment efforts:
- Staff and support a recruitment committee comprised of external stakeholders; schedule meetings, provide relevant materials, communicate regularly with committee members
- Research, rank and track prospective targets for recruitment to Encounter’s leadership community
- Ensure that each micro-cohort of leaders is recruited by a set deadline
- Develop and manage systems for facilitating our recruitment process to ensure we hit our goals
- Track and manage recommendations from staff and participants
- Ensure that leaders are invited and followed up with in a timely manner
- Create and disseminate regular recruitment status reports
- Ensure all recruitment and follow up materials are up-to-date
- Communicate regularly with prospects, participants, board members and staff in person, over email and on the phone
- Update and manage a large database (Salesforce)
- Maintain participant data so it is accurate, current and stored appropriately
Support engagement of Encounter’s Leadership Network:
- Help coordinate educational and leadership engagement opportunities and convening for the Network
- Support the creation of resources for the Network
- Provide logistical support for programs
- Draft, format and distribute communications to the Network including a monthly e-newsletter
- Manage a cross-cohort Listserv
- Track and manage data related to the Encounter’s impact
- Two to four years of work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner required; ability to interact professionally with staff, donors and prospects;
- Ability to clearly communicate in writing
- Highly organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work independently as well as in a team
- High proficiency in using the internet and web-based tools for research, Excel, data management and online communications required;
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus, as is basic knowledge of HTML.
- A background in fundraising or development a plus
- Familiarity with and interest in Israel, current events, human rights and social justice issues;
- Commitment to Encounter’s mission and values
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format and as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and “Leadership Engagement Associate” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Encounter. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.
Encounter is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, family status, sexual preference, status with regard to public assistance, mental or physical impairment, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.