ABOUT ENCOUNTER: Encounter is a non-partisan educational organization cultivating more nuanced, informed and constructive Jewish leadership on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. To learn more, visitwww.encounterprograms.org
This is an exciting opportunity for a mission-aligned early-career professional to join a rapidly growing organization and play a key role in supporting all aspects of its fundraising operations – individual and institutional – and all donor-centric communications.
- Donor/Funder Prospecting, Cultivation and Stewardship
- Research prospective individual and institutional funders
- Provide background research and relevant notes in advance of all donor/institutional funder meetings; ensure creation and timely delivery of all relevant materials to funders in advance of meetings
- Support Executive Director in donor meetings by taking comprehensive notes and ensuring next steps are entered into CRM/moves management system to ensure follow-up in a timely manner
- Support the scheduling of all donor/institutional funder/prospect meetings for the Executive Director and the Director of Development
- Oversee execution of and make updates to annual moves management plan
- Proactive, ongoing maintenance of CRM (Salesforce) entry and reporting
- Liaise with staff, as directed by the Director of Development, to collect relevant data and program updates from program team
- Fundraising Administration
- Enter all relevant gift/grant information and supporting documents into Salesforce
- Ensure communication is aligned with Director of Development, Institutional Advancement Consultant and other team members.
- Draft, edit and regularly update gift acknowledgements (online and snail-mail thank you letters)
- Grants Support
- Oversee and continuously maintain back end of Grants Calendar, ensuring seamless and timely upholding of all deadlines
- Assist as needed in the completion of reports and proposals, including but not limited to pulling relevant reports from the CRM, acquiring necessary data and creating accompanying supporting documents for grant reports and proposals, in collaboration with the Institutional Advancement Consultant
- Strategic Donor-Centric Communications
- Serve as key staff-person for the creation and dissemination of all donor-centric e-communications and snail mail communications
- BA/BS degree
- Commitment to Encounter’s mission, vision and values
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; comfortable with direct communication
- Independently-motivated and goal-oriented; able to collaborate with multiple team members and accept constructive feedback
- Capacity to juggle multiple projects, timelines and deadlines;
- Detail-oriented while not losing sight of the big picture goals;
- Calm, centered demeanor with an orientation towards proactive problem solving;
- Experience with Salesforce and Mailchimp (or analogs)
- Experience with event planning
- Familiarity with the American Jewish communal landscape
- Comfort interacting with wealthy individuals and operating in philanthropic settings
- Humility and sense of humor
Please submit a PDF of your resume and cover letter with your name and “Development and Communications Associate” in the subject line to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Encounter. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Encounter is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, family status, sexual preference, status with regard to public assistance, mental or physical impairment, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.